Saturday, August 30, 2014

Simple solutions

The Mister has bronchitis.  I'm 110% positive it is bronchitis.  If I was a doctor (and I think I should be, at least for home cases alone) I would diagnose it.   This cough has gone on for the past two weeks succeeding a week of the flu. Three weeks of hacking.  
He also does not want to go to the doctor (the fact that they can't even see him before the beginning of February doesn't help his outlook).  So I did a bit of searching and seeing how bronchitis is usually viral I figured maybe, just possibly, we'd be able to sort this particular mess out at home. With any luck.
I read what seemed like three dozen different remedies, but one that kept appearing on the scene was lemon water.  Whether as tea or fresh-squeezed into cold water, lemon water was persistently suggested. It can do all sorts of amazing things. (Knowledge is power, people).  
So we embark on this trial of lemon water with encouraging results already.  
I find this funny because I immediately assumed a cure or resolution would have to come in the form of a prescription.   I was not as educated on the manner as I believed.  
Although I don't always agree with my husband's preferred modus operandi of "wait and see," I will say that in that time I was able to get a little more resourceful and research it.  
And lo, a simple solution.
The thing with simple solutions, often, is that they only appear after you've exhausted yourself with more elaborate ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment