Thursday, August 21, 2014

Faith Is An Action

Every time I go through a crisis or life challenge I learn a little more about faith.
At first, most people approach faith with the same attitude that they do healthy eating or exercising: ”I know I should. Yes, I'm all for it.”
But there is no action behind it.
It is all good and easy to say you've got faith, however life has a peculiar way of eventually testing you on how solid your faith is.  If you so much as wince, you have failed. You're sent back for strengthening and reconditioning classes.
Through these classes you will become intimate with faith. You will wrestle with it on many occasions. At other times, you will marvel at how ethereal faith is, yet so solid. You can't grasp it—not intellectually or physically. You learn that the two places for sensing faith are in your heart and soul.
You will probably always wonder if you are faithful enough. That's part of our culture. Are we good enough? Am I good enough? Is my faith sufficient for today? Or must I go through more? A longer refinement? When is there a cooling off time? Is there ever such a time?
And has your past decisions—not always good, but not always bad, put you in this place where you must be taught again?
And that's the thing with a lot of these type of chaotic situations. One can never tell if they are merely enduring some odd domino effect caused by some earlier action they made. Or if they are being taught something throughout the process, something that is vital to their soul.
I choose to believe in the greater good always being at work. It's hard to see if you're used to focusing on the negative.
But the greater good at work means that even if this whole nasty situation is brought on by yourself or inflicted upon you by some external evil, it will still work out to the benefit of your soul.
But, there's a catch.  You must be willing to learn from life.  Your attitude must be in the right place.  And you must take a leap of faith....a leap that says, "I'm really not sure what the sh-t is going on, but I'm going to suspend judgment and trust that it's all going to work out for the good."
Faith first. Faith that it's going to someday work itself out, faith that there is a greater good at work and faith that there's a Power/Force who wouldn't just send us here haphazardly and for no reason.
We really are too complex of creatures to ever be an accident-our lives do have meaning.
Scientists, real honest-to-God, bonafide scientists have found this to be true.  Humans are not a biological accident or even a natural progression.  There was an outside Force that ushered us along.  Our development into what we are today was at such a rapid pace that it did not happen naturally.  Some of these scientists say it was because of alien intervention.  Take that theory or leave it.  (And when I don't have a school meeting I need to be at in 5 minutes, I'll post the research that verifies this.)  However, I've thought about this a lot and for what it's worth, I believe it was God.  But you have to come to your own conclusions on that.
It follows, then, that although life seems completely random (and yes, I know, bad sh-t happens) there might be something else at play.
I can't explain why, exactly, atrocities happen.  I know that there is still evil in this world.  People do messed up stuff all the damn time.  Even good people find themselves acting out, if even in minor ways.  But that is not within the scope of this post right now.
Right now it's about you.  Are you willing to suspend judgment for a moment and trust just a little bit more?  Take a leap of faith and believe, if only for a moment, that everything you might be facing today is going to work out for the good.  I know it's hard, but faith is an action.
And for every action there is a reaction.  Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment